From Lijiang, take the 214 National Road, and it will take a short time to reach the Tiger Leaping Gorge. There are more than ten kilometers of mountain roads from here to the viewing platform, but you can hear the roar of the river far away. It is said that the Tiger Leaping Gorge is the largest valley in the world with the highest altitude difference, and the Jinsha River is very narrow in this section by the extrusion of two snow-capped mountains of Jade dragon and Haba Snow Mountain, so there is such a spectacular scene.
The Tiger Leaping Gorge in Shangri-La is really a very unique attraction. When you come here, you couldn’t help but sigh the wonders of nature. Tiger Leaping Gorge has the most beautiful canyon scenery. The water is rushing, and the mountains on both sides are majestic and mighty. You can stay here for more than half of a day.
- The rainy season of the Tiger Leaping Gorge is concentrated in July-August, and there will be many falling rocks and landslides, so just avoid going there during the rainy season.
- Be sure to pay attention to safety when walking, especially pay attention to the rocks on the top and the soles on the feet.
- Don’t listen to strangers near Laodukou. Many people are liars.
- Tina’s Inn is a very famous inn in Tiger Leaping Gorge. There are many foreigners staying in the hotel. It may be full during the peak season. It is recommended to make an appointment in advance.
- There is no need to carry too much food during your hiking there, and there are inns that can be replenished all the way. However, if the weather is hot, you need to bring some more water. If it is not in the winter, it is advisable to wear the thin sweat-wicking and quick-drying underwear. It is recommended that the shoes be high-grade waterproof and non-slip walking shoes. If you can bring a pair of trekking poles, it will save you a lot of during hiking in Tiger Leaping Gorge.