Find a new route on the Tibetan Plateau. Trace the origin of the Yangtze and Yellow River. Assess the newfound growth years after the Sichuan earthquake. The vision perseveres in whatever the journey may be.
Several people embody these qualities and take action: Li Bo, Director at Friends of Nature, China’s first environmental NGO; Edward Wong, one of the Beijing correspondents for The New York Times; Yu Hui, National Geographic China editor.
The AsiaTravel Explorer Grant is a grant of up to USD 3,000 that is awarded to adventurers seeking to push the boundaries of responsible, off-the-beaten-path travel in China. All submissions for the 2012 AsiaTravel Explorer Grant are due by November 15, 2011.
AsiaTravel selects our explorers winners based on the following criteria:
• Focus on bringing to light a long lost route, a culturally significant issue, promoting aid in a remote community or a trip dealing with discovery or rediscovery
• Passion and excitement for exploration
• Past/current involvement with exploration in China
• Risk management plan
• Incorporation of Leave No Trace (LNT) principles
• Low carbon travel
• Participant skill levels commensurate with proposed itinerary
For more information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.wildchina.com/explorer-grant to download the application.