September 2015 marked a landmark anniversary for AsiaTravel – 15 years of pioneering experiential travel experiences throughout China! When deciding how to celebrate, a gala dinner seemed like an obvious choice but we aren’t ones to settle for the ordinary…
Instead, we decided to mark our achievements by celebrating China’s artisans – after all, they were the reason we began our journey and the reason we continue to strive today. We partnered with The Opposite House, one of Beijing’s most chic 5-star hotels, and invited thirty carefully selected artisans from Dongbei to Yunnan to exhibit and sell their handcrafted and cultivated treasures at an up-market boutique bazaar.
The inaugural Beshan Gāi was an Aladdin’s cave of artisan goods. From jewelry to homeware to organic produce, it was a day of fun and discovery for everyone. Over 2,000 visitors attended the event and there were regular musical performances throughout the day from one of Yunnan’s best folk singers. There was even a sugar painter on hand ready to create edible masterpieces for our younger audience. Beshan Gāi 2015 was designed and themed by POP-UP Beijing, and the event was covered in magazines such as Conde Nast China, Bloomberg China, City Weekend and Time Out Beijing (to name just a few).
With outstanding feedback from artisans and visitors alike, this year Beshan Gāi will return as a 4-day moving bazaar across different venues in Beijing and we are looking for artisans to join us.
BESHAN GAI 2016
When: Saturday September 24th – Sunday September 25th
Where: The Opposite House & Taikoo Li North Village
Expected Attendance: 1,000 – 2,000 high end consumers per day
Special showcase for selected vendors:
Showcase 1: Thursday September 22nd @ The Peninsula Hotel
Showcase 2: Friday September 23rd @ The Rosewood Hotel
Expected Attendance: VIP & media guests, up to 400 high-end consumers per day
The benefits of participating in Beshan Gāi
- • You will be part of a carefully themed and curated environment with both entertainment and Food and Beverage zones
- • You will get face-to-face interaction with high-end consumers from both the expat and Chinese community in Beijing
- • You will get face-to-face interaction with high-end media outlets invited by AsiaTravel
- • You will receive exposure to AsiaTravel’s global community through a social media campaign to 25,000+ worldwide
- • You will receive exposure of your brand and product on the official Beshan Gāi website
- • You will receive exposure of your brand and product through our media partner’s distribution channels, both in printed magazines throughout Beijing and online via their website, blog and social media